Friday, January 23, 2015

What is a Pulse Oximeter and why you should have one.

Hello!

How are you?  I am doing well.  Thank you for your continued support of Dragonfly Tales!

Todays review is something near and dear to my heart.  Why would a pulse oximeter mean that much to me?  Because I have came near death twice with pneumonia, and a pulse oximeter told the Doctors and Nurses I was in trouble.

A pulse oximeter measures the amount of oxygen in ones blood.  This is very important as it shows how well ones lungs are functioning.

According to research I have done, the average range is 95-99%.  However to gauge your norm, it should be checked intermittently throughout the day for a couple of days.

This pulse oximeter also tells one their pulse rate.  Another good piece of information!

What you get:


The Pulse Ox comes with a handy carrying case and a lanyard.


The batteries come with it, and are easy to install.  No tools required.


One simply clips the Pulse Ox on their finger, pushes the on button and waits for the results.  Looks like I'm doing pretty good!


When removed from the finger, one gets this message.  "Finger Out" and the Pulse Ox automatically shuts off.

A Pulse Oximeter is ideal for those with frequent bronchitis, asthma, COPD, or emphysema.  Or for anyone that needs to check their pulse rate.

Should ones O2 level reach 90, consistently, they should consider notifying their Dr., should it fall any lower, one may want to seek medical attention.

These suggestions are just guidelines, one needs to know what their normal reading is.  In nursing school, I was taught that a dark colored nail polish could affect the O2 reading.

The MeasuPro Pulse Oximeter may be purchased on Amazon.

WISHING MUCH LOVE AND HAPPINESS TO YOU ALL!!

VICKI

I received this product for my review, I received no other compensation.





No comments:

Post a Comment