Thursday, January 30, 2014

THE SambaMD

Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial.

 Hi!  Welcome to Dragonfly Tales.  I consider it an honor to have you here.

Because I do product reviews, one just never knows what genre of product I'll be discussing from one blog post to the next.  Generally, I review a product for one month,  give my opinion of the product, and move on to the next. It's kind of like speed dating.  Ha!  No really it is nothing like speed dating, I don't even know what speed dating is like.  REALLY, I don't!  I've only heard rumors!!

Anyway......, without further ado, I give you my latest product test.


In testing out the SambaMD Back Relief Wheelchair Cushion, I asked my neighbor, who is wheelchair bound, to also test out the cushion.  She reported that the cushion did indeed help by decreasing back pain and pain on her tailbone.  I tested out the cushion in a wheelchair I have for times when I go places that require long periods of walking.  I also found it to be quite comfortable.


Due to past illnesses, I have been wheelchair bound for over a month at a time.  It was truly a miserable experience for me.  The wheelchairs I used just had that sling type seat in them, which offers no support whatsoever. If you or a loved one are using a wheelchair with an ill fitting seat, this post is for you.  Let's get into the nitty- gritty of the SambaMD wheelchair cushion.

People confined to wheelchairs often have chronic back pain due to their back muscles tensing up.  They may squirm around trying to find relief for their aching muscles.  They need a seat that can give them the movement they need.  The SambaMD Cushion is just that seat, because not only is it nicely padded with memory foam, but one may also inflate it with air by blowing into a valve located in the zippered part of the cushion.  One can see how the dispersing of air when changing positions, would help to relieve tensing back muscles.  Think of it in terms of a mini padded air mattress.  

The cushion is very "cushy" and extremely well made. One side of the cushion is waterproof leather, the other side is 3D fabric for improved air circulation.  It is important that which ever side one uses, the memory foam must be on top of the air controlled ergonomic core.  I feel this product would offer many years of comfort. 

As I write this post, I am reminded of the time I spent in a nursing home for rehabilitation following a life threatening illness.  My room mate was a dear 89 year old woman confined to a wheelchair.  She complained of back pain on a daily basis.  It's sad to think that something as simple as this cushion may have helped in easing her pain.

One may purchase the SambaMD at Amazon or Walgreens.com

Check with your health insurance to see if you may be eligible for reimbursement.  I was told by the company that the reimbursement code for Medicare/Medicaid is E2622.

Until next time...

Vicki



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for the contribution. It has been very useful, I was looking for something similar,greetings and thanks.

    ReplyDelete